The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on 25 May 2018.
This document sets out our activities related to the data our customers provide to us.
- We are Mary Gallagher t/a Holistic Pet Products whose registered office is Ballintine , Kilmeague , Co Kildare , Republic of Ireland. Vat Registration number IE5433926Q
- We collect data from customers in order to deliver their orders and to issue correctly addressed invoices.
- We hold names, phone numbers, email and postal addresses.
- We do not hold age, credit card details, or bank account details (nor do we ever have sight of or have access to these)
- We do not pass on the data we have been given by customers to others, with the exception of our couriers (DPD , GLS) who need your contact information to complete deliveries.
- We use third parties to deal with payments (Sagepay , Elavon, and PayPal) and only they see credit card details. We do not see any card details.
- We retain invoices, which include invoice address and delivery address details, for six years, to comply with government revenue tax and VAT requirements.
Retention of information about you
When you place an order with us, you provide us with an invoice address, a delivery address and a contact name. You will also provide us with an email address and a phone number. We do not collect any other data from you than this. As we are required by law to retain invoices for six years, we also hold your data for that period.
When you pay for your order, you will be directed away from our site to a third party site which will either be (at your choice) Sagepay or PayPal. We do not have sight of or access to any current or historic details of any credit card, debit card or similar payment information so none is retained by us.
When we despatch your order we will send you an invoice by email or post. We are required by law to retain invoices for six years so we will maintain your name and address data for that period.
Our use of your data
We ask our customers to review the products they have bought and the quality of our service. We do this by sending an email to the address provided at time of order, about 7 days after delivery.
We not carry out any sales or marketing using the data provided by you when you placed your order. Nor do we supply your data to anyone else.
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) in effect from 25th May 2018 , you, as a data subject have a number of rights which are detailed below.
Some of these only apply in specific circumstances and are qualified in several respects by exemptions in data protection legislation.
We will advise you in our response to your request if we are relying on any such exemptions.
- Access to personal data: You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Should you wish to make such a request, please see the Contact Us section for information on how to contact us.
- You should include adequate information to identify yourself and such other relevant information that will reasonably assist us in fulfilling your request. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible.
- Correction of personal data: You can request us to rectify and correct any personal data that we are processing about you which is incorrect. We provide you with account settings and tools to access the information associated with your account.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where we have relied upon your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
- To opt out of marketing, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the marketing communication you receive from us. For other marketing preferences, you can visit the customer login area when you log into your account or the "Contact Us" option within the relevant Service.
- Right of erasure: (Right to be forgotten) Art.17 GDPR You can request us to erase your personal data where there is no compelling reason to continue processing. This right only applies in certain circumstances, it is not a guaranteed or absolute right.
- Right to data portability: This right allows you to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us with your consent or which was necessary for us to provide you with our products and services in a format which enables you to transfer that personal data to another organisation. You may have the right to have your personal data transferred by us directly to the other organisation, if this is technically feasible.
- Right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we suspend our processing of your personal data. Where we suspend our processing of your personal data we will still be permitted to store your personal data, but any other processing of this information will require your consent, subject to certain exemptions.
- Right to object to processing of personal data: You have the right to object to our use of your personal data which is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests. However, we may continue to process your personal data, despite your objection, where there are compelling legitimate grounds to do so or we need to process your personal data in connection with any legal claims.
- Rights relating to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing (without human involvement) where that decision produces a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you. This right means you can request that we involve one of our employees or representatives in the decision-making process. We are satisfied that we do not make automated decisions of this nature.